Quality bespoke Tuition Centre in Haywards Heath
All your tutoring needs under one roof
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are now offering online alternatives so that we can continue to support your child’s education at this difficult time and offer a consistent programme of support to students who wish to continue with their studies. Our online lessons will be accessed via Zoom Video Conferencing and will take place at a regular time with your child’s tutor. Zoom is quick and easy to use and all parents will be sent clear instructions on how to access their child’s class. Zoom will enable us to maintain live interaction with our students and share lesson resources. All you need is a stable internet connection!
Welcome to Sussex Tuition Centre
Sarah and Carol – founders
We created Sussex Tuition Centre as a one-stop shop for all your tutoring needs. We both have experience overseas in Asia and the Middle East where there is more of a culture of getting supportive tuition in a centre. We have seen first-hand how targeted tuition increased our children’s confidence and competence in a subject. That extra push can give students the confidence which is vital to thrive in a subject.
When we both moved into Sussex, we heard about how difficult it was to find reliable tutors and how other parents we met relied on word-of-mouth but were concerned about leaving their children with strangers who may have no official certification.
We have used our combined experiences to create our concept of a centre to meet all tutoring needs: Sarah has had over 25 years experience in education in the UK and overseas and Carol has had extensive financial and business experience combined with lecturing experience.
We hope we have come up with a successful formula that will meet the needs of families in Sussex and beyond.
How can Sussex Tuition Centre help students?
- We believe that targeted help by tutors enables children to gain confidence and enable them to make better progress and succeed at school
- We advocate individualised attention either in a small group setting or one-to-one with tutors who adapt their teaching style to suit how each individual student learns. Some students are more at ease in a small group setting of their peers and some prefer lessons on an individual basis with a tutor.
When is it best to have recourse to tutoring?
- to provide ongoing support when more confidence is needed in a certain subject
- to prepare for exams by helping with exam technique and learning strategies
- to prepare for academic entrance exams and scholarships
Sign up for our GCSE exam revision in holidays. See icon below.